The Information PartsRiver Collects:
- User-Provided Information: You may provide to PartsRiver what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, demographic information) when using the Service, such as when you register for the site, when you purchase parts from Sellers through our marketplace, or when using other features of the Service. When we use the term “personally identifiable,” we are referring to information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that person.
- “Cookies” Information: When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. PartsRiver may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- “Flash Cookies” Information: Flash and other browser plugin applications use technology similar to cookies to enable the storage and recall of settings, preferences and usage data, and other information. Because they are stored in separate software applications, these types of cookies are not managed through your web browser’s cookie management interface. PartsRiver may employ such techniques, including Adobe Flash Cookies (also called “Local Shared Objects”) to track information related to your interaction with features of the Service through which Flash-based content is provided. Some versions of Flash Player may include Flash Cookie management features permitting the configuration of certain privacy and security settings.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Service or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser or email viewer by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol addresses or other device addresses or IDs, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the Service, the web pages you view on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit the Service.
- Third Party Web Beacons and Data Collection Mechanisms: We may also implement third party content, such as advertising, on the Service that uses “clear gifs,” “web beacons,” or other similar techniques, which allow the third party content provider to read and write cookies (including Flash Cookies) to your browser, or implement similar tracking mechanisms, in connection with your viewing of that third party content displayed on the Service. This information is collected directly by the third party, and PartsRiver does not participate in that data transmission or collection. Information collected by third parties in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
The Way PartsRiver Uses Information:
- PartsRiver uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Service. We will use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or regarding any submissions that you have posted to the Service.
- PartsRiver may use all of the information that you provide or that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users (including preferences for third party products and services, as well as other personal and interpersonal preferences), to improve the way the Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality, including how Services interoperate and interrelate to third party services.
- PartsRiver may use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- PartsRiver may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send you i) messages about the Service, ii) promotional messages related to the Service and the activities of third parties we work with, and iii) messages on behalf of other users who think you may be interested in the Service. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by updating your account preferences through the Service. In addition to the above communications, we reserve the right to continue to send you certain communications relating to the Service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
When PartsRiver Discloses Information:
We are not in the business of selling your information. We do, however, disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances in connection with developing and maintaining the Service and operating our business. For example:
- PartsRiver may disclose automatically collected and other aggregated non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Service.
- PartsRiver may work with third party service providers to provide website hosting, payment processing, maintenance, and other services to us. These third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information as a result of performing the Services they were engaged to perform.
- If you use the marketplace features of the Service, PartsRiver will disclose information about you so that a Seller can fulfill your order, and a Seller may need to share your information with others involved in fulfilling your order such as those involved with picking, packing, and shipping your order.
- PartsRiver may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary or useful to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), to respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise assist or cooperate with law enforcement activity or other similar activities in connection with internal or coordinated fraud detection and prevention, and the protection or enforcement of third party rights.
- PartsRiver works to promote a safe and reliable service for all users. We reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect PartsRiver and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Service; or to protect or vindicate the rights, property, or personal safety of PartsRiver, our users, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with PartsRiver, in which case PartsRiver may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Service. You may have the option to update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences by accessing your account preferences page through the Service. Please note that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
We may now or in the future make certain tools and features for configuring your privacy settings available to you through the Service, but any such features and settings we may provide do not guarantee the anonymity or confidentiality of any information, including personally identifiable information and other submissions, you provide or submit to the Service.
Third Party Services:
The Service may contain links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links are displayed on the Service. We encourage you to learn about and review third parties’ privacy and security policies.
PartsRiver uses a variety of physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to improve the security of our systems and your personally identifiable information. Notwithstanding these efforts, it is possible that certain third parties may gain unauthorized access to your personal information. In some cases this may happen without PartsRiver’s knowledge. There is no guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. You transfer your information to PartsRiver at your own risk.
If PartsRiver learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically through the information you have provided to us in registering for the Service so that you can take appropriate protective steps. PartsRiver may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing, and you may notify us that you wish to receive such notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that all or a portion of PartsRiver or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.